Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Full Time/ Day shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under very limited or no supervision the Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for assessing and meeting the data needs of end users of the Epic Integrated Health System. The position will act as technical lead for the other members of the Reporting Operations team and provide guidance to them for their reporting tasks. The incumbent acts as point of contact on projects where the reporting services team is involved. The incumbent evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations for improvements, while leading and working with cross functional teams in projects related to LG reporting systems. The incumbent will develop processes and procedures to ensure consistency of reporting solutions development and deployment to a production environment.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift, Remote option/Hybrid available
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Recommend the establishment of new or modified methods and procedures to improve content of reporting solutions and completeness of information.
- Foster a continual relationship with the training team to help support the reporting solutions developed by the BI team.
- Act as a point of contact for projects/initiatives where Reporting Operations team members may be involved.
- Will be the primary point of contact for high priority and high complexity data request for the Reporting Operations team.
- Mentor and train new members of the Reporting Operations team and the Business Intelligence department as a whole.
- Assist the Supervisor of Reporting Operations with day-to-day operations such as delegation of data requests and project needs.
- Research and recommend new reporting solution best practices, data analysis strategies, and procedure improvements
- Translate business requirements into business intelligence solutions utilizing tools such as, but not limited to, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, WebI, Universes, Cubes, SSMS.
- Interface and communicate with customers to define deliverables, issues, questions, needs, trends, and timing.
- Modify existing solutions as necessary and continually evaluate existing solutions for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Generate routine and ad-hoc reports (SQL, Crystal Reports, WebI) to complete data requests.
- Review peer solutions for validity, quality, and standardization.
- Identify and review the appropriate technological solutions for various needs to continually improve the business intelligence experience.
- Help to maintain an enterprise business intelligence library and support the archiving of unused solutions.
- Support Epic’s reporting solutions: Radar, Reporting Workbench, Epic released universes and cube.
- Collaborate with our SAP administrators to continually improve the customer experience.
- Assist with Epic upgrades/updates by serving as a subject matter expert for the Epic Clarity data models.
- Organize and conduct meetings with customers and team members.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Continue to pursue professional development in order to stay abreast of best practice.
- Research and recommend healthcare data management industry strategies and software tools available to implement those strategies.
- Work closely with other members of the BI team to understand data structures and to set/follow best practices within BI.
- Innovate to challenge the status quo and create new analytical and developmental techniques.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, health information management, math, or engineering; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certifications will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Three (3) years of experience in the development of reporting and/or analytic solutions using Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Universes, Cubes, etc.
- Three (3) plus Epic data model certifications.
- Extensive professional experience in the Epic applications and database structure
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- In-depth knowledge and experience of SQL structures, relational and multidimensional database concepts, and query tools.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization concepts and data presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member of multiple project teams.
- Critical thinking and an analytical mind.
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Strong experience working closely with finance/accounting with an understanding of basic accounting.
- Strong experience working with clinical areas to identify and develop reporting solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of Business Intelligence and data warehouse concepts.
- Understanding of concepts associated with Continuous Improvement activities.
- Experience managing projects in a healthcare industry setting.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/06/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.