Senior Applications Analyst - Ambulatory Connect
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Applications Analyst-Ambulatory works extensively with project teams and the user departments in the transformation and improvement of clinical processes and workflows for use with Epic clinical modules. Understands the practice processes and operational environments, advocating for effective use of Epic technology to improve patient care through high quality, cost effective solutions. Acts as a liaison between the physician practices and Information Services. Leads in the development of re-engineered best practice workflow processes and identifies system integration and optimization that provides the greatest technological benefit to the physician practices.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift, Occasional on-call, required to be onsite at Community Connect location as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates efforts within the department and with Epic project teams in transformation and improvement of clinical processes and workflows through implementation, optimization and ongoing operations of Epic software. Analyzes and assesses clinical workflows and processes and provides recommendations for reengineered design methods.
- Leads organizational change processes in department; recommends solutions and implementation strategies and coordinates teams and meetings in order to optimize Epic applications. Develops business plans for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve clinical processes and patient safety initiatives on ongoing basis.
- Coordinates execution of the project plan for the implementation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training, and test environments for the initial and subsequent implementation of Epic modules.
- Provides project management leadership. Utilizes thorough understanding of system development and project management methodologies adhering to department standards to include assessment, planning, workflow analysis, design, build, testing, and implementation of application.
- Provides advanced problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of complex issues at the technical and application levels. Identifies root-cause and recommends changes.
- Provides thorough and advanced understanding of Epic technology. Maintains technical competence for assigned systems while understanding the integration and interaction of all supported systems. Performs installation of new products and upgrades to existing product.
- Interacts with users to ensure system is operating and performing according to specifications. Collaborates with other Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Defines and documents user requirements and system scope. Develops, monitors and coordinates accurate and thorough system testing. Manages enhancement and maintenance support for existing systems.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with organization system auditing and monitoring role-based access and emergency downtime procedures.
- Responsible for the execution of assigned project deliverables/tasks.
- Maintains EPIC certification on an annual basis.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming across interfaces into Epic applications meets business requirements.
- Participates in the budget process for assigned applications.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Five (5) years operations experience in area requiring licensure/certification.
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership ability.
- Diverse level of practical operations experience; aptitude for information services technology in practice environment and demonstrated understanding of practice flow and process.
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to assess practice workflows and process for purpose of recommending and designing methods for improvement.
- Three (3) years experience as an Epic Applications Analyst.
- Multiple site implementation experience with both build and testing.
- Experience with go-live support and post-live production support.
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Three (3) years supporting or maintaining a system application, providing direct user support and application testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/10/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.