Senior Accountant (Full Time/ Day Shift)
M-F 8-4:30 - Hybrid Remote work schedule is available.
POSITION SUMMARY: To be Lancaster General Health’s financial resource for the General Accounting function to include financial reporting, IRS 990, Tax-Exempt Debt compliance, and capital investments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Monthly Tasks/Analysis –Independently completes monthly tasks in an accurate, timely and well organized manner. Identifies areas requiring analysis and independently develops an action plan. Prepares financial reports in a format appropriate for the intended audience, including Senior Management, boards and committees. Primary functions include analyzing and tracking financial data, preparing financial statements, financial reports and worksheets, consolidation, and investment analysis. Reviews work of Accountants.
- Projects – Acts in a leadership role to complete projects such as the IRS Form 990 and Tax-Exempt Debt Compliance. Coordinates to include planning, organizing, and managing the project in order to produce desired outcome within the designated time frame. Ensures synchronization of the IRS Form 990 among all organizations within the health system. Maintains systems and processes to adhere to the regulatory requirements for debt compliance. Independently and appropriately communicates with various levels of personnel, including Senior Management, in order to accomplish objectives. Effectively and efficiently utilizes resources.
- System Responsibility – Maintains various accounting applications. Ensures data is complete, accurate and reliable for decision making, and adhering to regulatory requirements. Communicates with appropriate personnel to make sure that user access is warranted. Coordinates with vendor on system issues and functionality.
- Organizational representation – Acts as resource in Management’s absence by attending meetings, and responding to inquiries. Participates, as an accounting representative, in organization wide initiatives, committees and varying meetings as requested.
- Audit – Oversees the year-end financial statement audit process. Supports Management by completing and reviewing audit workpapers, financial statements, and footnotes. Anticipates issues and regulatory changes affecting the audit and communicates those issues to appropriate persons. Works in partnership with the Internal Audit department and the outside auditing firm.
- Financial Analysis – Analyzes, compiles and validates key components for budgeting and forecasting. Develops financial proformas to support strategic initiatives, new services as well as evaluating existing operations. Works with various levels of leadership to facilitate the understanding of financial analyses. Lead for all aspects of capital process. Prepares variance analyses on budget/prior year to actual results. Reviews reconciliations prepared by staff.
- Education – Maintains knowledge of regulatory guidelines, including GAAP, IRS, etc…, and shares that knowledge with others as appropriate. Independently resolves questions/issues/problems through education/experience/research. Continually strengthens self-knowledge through educational sessions, inquiry, and other means. Viewed as a resource for knowledge throughout the organization. Knowledge is strong as evidenced by the ability to quickly shift thought processes from one topic to another.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists Management with administrative tasks such as departmental planning and organizing.
- Educates others as it relates to financial information.
- Reviews forecasts and pro-forma financial statements for use in decision making for reasonableness.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 years analytical skills
- 5 years’ experience in general accounting/related field
- Must be able to read and interpret technical guidance
- Shows leadership qualities
- Must be willing to be flexible with work schedule to accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently
- Self motivated and shows initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with all levels of management
- Presents self and information in a professional, confident and knowledgeable manner
- 6 years’ experience in general accounting / related field
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/11/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.