Security Officer: Main Hospital (FullTime/Night Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE working every Monday and Tuesday. Every other Sunday. 2300-0700hrs.
Location: Lancaster General Hospital
Hours: 40 hours per week
Combination of 8 and 12 hour shifts, 7:00pm-7:00am or 11:00pm-7:00am with 3pm-11pm one day every other week.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides security for patients, employees, and visitors; initiates appropriate investigation and follows up. Protects hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Patrol assigned areas, monitoring the facility and activity to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- On a daily workday basis, take part in pre shift and post shift briefings to remain current and up to date with recent security events and incidents. Actively participate in this exchange of information at the beginning and completion of each tour of duty.
- Document daily activity and security responses during a work shift through the use of a thorough and complete daily activity log.
- Respond to requests for Security to resolve emergency situations, investigate suspicious activity, de escalate volatile situations and take appropriate action as directed by Security Department supervisory personnel, the Nursing Supervisor or the Administrator on-call for the hospital.
- Investigate, document and resolve security related incidents. Report abuses of hospital equipment or property to the proper authority. Complete and maintain records, notes, incident reports and other documents related to Security Department activity.
- Respond to all intra facility specialized alarms and Condition Codes as may be required.
- Conduct regular security checks/audits of LGH properties and grounds during non business hours.
- Monitor all hospital premises, grounds and parking facilities for security concerns and any potential safety hazards.
- Monitor all parking areas and associated traffic flow on Lancaster General property.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Make appropriate recommendations to Security Supervisors and management on methods to effectively improve the Security function.
- Create and participate in crime prevention initiatives in a team effort to pro actively address security related issues or problems before they occur.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety basic certification program within 1 year of employment.
- Must complete basic CPR/AED certification within 6 months of employment
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people from many diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to function effectively within a team environment
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instructions, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memoranda, reports and essays; using proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent) and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/21/2021