Security Officer - College (Fulltime, 2nd shift)
PA College Of Health Sciences
9862 Campus Services
With diligent attention to detail, provide security for students, employees, and visitors at the College. Initiate appropriate investigation and follow up. Protect college buildings, assets, and premises as assigned. Maintain an extremely polite, helpful, and professional attitude as the initial greeter of individuals entering the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Patrol assigned areas, monitoring the facility and activity to provide a safe and secure environment for students, visitors and staff.
- On a daily workday basis, take part in pre shift and post shift briefings to remain current and up to date with recent security events and incidents. Actively participate in this exchange of information at the beginning and completion of each shift.
- Document daily activity and security responses during a work shift through the use of a thorough and complete daily activity log.
- Respond to requests for Security to resolve emergency situations, investigate suspicious activity, deescalate volatile situations and take appropriate action as directed by College Leadership.
- Investigate, document and resolve security related incidents. Complete and maintain records, notes, incident reports and other documents related to Security Department activity.
- Respond to all alarms, medical and other incidents as may be required. Act as a liaison with outside agencies.
- Conduct regular security checks/audits of PA College properties and grounds.
- Monitor all College premises, grounds and parking facilities for security concerns and any potential safety hazards.
- Act as a liaison to the shuttle service drivers.
- Responsible for issuing College photo identification badges.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with safety and security in-service training for College personnel.
- Assist with non-college events parking escorts etc.
- Assist at Commencement
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED), or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Associate degree in criminal law or related field preferred
To perform this job successfully…..
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people. Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multitask and prioritize.
Note: Fulltime position (40 hours per week); one weekend rotation per month. This is a 2nd shift position, 2:30pm - 11:00pm.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/16/2022