Security Officer - .2
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 8 hours/week on any shift that requires coverage
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides security for patients, employees, and visitors; initiates appropriate investigation and follows up. Protects hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Patrol assigned areas, monitoring the facility and activity to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- On a daily workday basis, take part in pre shift and post shift briefings to remain current and up to date with recent security events and incidents. Actively participate in this exchange of information at the beginning and completion of each tour of duty.
- Document daily activity and security responses during a work shift through the use of a thorough and complete daily activity log.
- Respond to requests for Security to resolve emergency situations, investigate suspicious activity, de escalate volatile situations and take appropriate action as directed by Security Department supervisory personnel, the Nursing Supervisor or the Administrator on-call for the hospital.
- Investigate, document and resolve security related incidents. Report abuses of hospital equipment or property to the proper authority. Complete and maintain records, notes, incident reports and other documents related to Security Department activity.
- Respond to all intra facility specialized alarms and Condition Codes as may be required.
- Conduct regular security checks/audits of LGH properties and grounds during non business hours.
- Monitor all hospital premises, grounds and parking facilities for security concerns and any potential safety hazards.
- Monitor all parking areas and associated traffic flow on Lancaster General property.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 10/11/2019
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety basic certification program within 1 year of employment.
- Must complete basic CPR/AED certification within 6 months of employment
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people from many diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to function effectively within a team environment