Residency Program Representative (40 hours per week/ Day Shift)
Full time, day shift. No weekends or holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide administrative expertise to the Family Medicine Residency program business and educational department. This encompasses a range of functions and responsibilities, including the build and maintenance of faculty, resident, and medical student schedules, oversight of resident recruitment and orientation functions, oversight if special event planning, database analysis, and support of faculty physicians. Performs and anticipates administrative functions for management, including making decisions within authorized scope or directing the decision making to the proper authority.
HOURS: 40 hours/week Monday-Friday during the day. No weekends or holidays.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilize New Innovations/Qgenda, ERAS, and other department specific software and web-based programs to obtain, create, modify, and distribute scheduling, demographic, and other related information as assigned.
- Create faculty, resident, medical school, and/or applicant schedules as assigned and via established criteria within required time frames; disseminate these schedules in a consistent and timely manner.
- Develop, run, review and distribute reports and schedules as necessary depending on specific work assignments, and communicate results to the appropriate parties in a clear and timely manner.
- Maintain communication between other physician offices, departments, and internal and external customers, regarding faculty, resident, medical student, and applicant scheduling and other departmental interests.
- Coordinate applicant interviews, orientation, and related meeting schedules in cooperation with other departmental schedulers to ensure appropriate faculty and resident availability.
- Schedule and implement changes as necessary for administrative meetings and conferences, travel, teaching rotations, and on-call responsibilities.
- Participates, coordinates, and/or leads committees as directed, including special event planning, execution, and clean up.
- Provide support services to each assigned faculty member and his or her advisees within the department of Family and Community Medicine. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining Outlook calendars for faculty, completing travel arrangements for faculty, and scheduling non-patient meetings.
- Provide back up to other support staff as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful. Coordinate with administrative coworkers to ensure adequate office staffing during regular business hours
- Answer and screen telephone calls, relay information regarding medical education programs.
- In conjunction with the department manager, assist in ensuring that all required accreditation standards are being met and/or immediately notify the department manager of any known, suspected, or impending non-compliance issues.
- Assists with onboarding new employees and consultants to department by setting up access and completing paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years’ administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a complimentary field.
- More than three (3) years’ experience providing direct administrative support and the ability to perform functions independently.
- Experience in recruiting, scheduling, event planning, or in an academic setting is strongly desirable.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/08/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.