At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is located in Strasburg, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours every 2 weeks working Monday through Friday hours between 7:00am and 7:00pm with at least one evening a week until 7:00pm no weekends or holidays will both treat patients and supervise the clinic.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates aspects of all therapy related issues in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department. Implements Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation services in accordance with the physicians' instruction and Code of Ethics of the profession.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises the clinical functioning and staffing of outpatient rehab services at the site, ensuring appropriate staff scheduling and implementation of the departmental objectives.
- Ensures compliance with the LG and departmental policies, procedures, JCAHO standards, and professional Code of Ethics. Evaluates candidates and coordinates the selection of staff therapists, assistants, and students.
- Performs the duties as described in the therapist job description.
- Takes responsibility for orientation of staff therapists and therapist assistants to the departmental and LG policies and procedures.
- Serves as a clinical consultant to rehab leaders and other staff members.
- Responsible for completing the therapy staff annual performance evaluations and for monitoring performance on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and review of departmental and LG systems, policies, and procedures. Identifies system of dysfunction and reports to appropriate administrative personnel.
- Provides input into organizational goals and plans in coordination with organizational objectives. With input from outpatient rehab management leaders, completes performance reviews for all staff.
- Establishes, coordinates, and maintains relationships with other departments, such as administration, physicians, and the community. Participates in the fiscal management of the department, including budgeting preparation, implementation and maintenance and analysis of essential sectional statistical data.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A BS in Physical Therapy is required, as well as state licensure as a Physical Therapist by the PA Department of Health.
- Lancaster General Hospital requires CPR certification for this position.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Master’s Degree.
This position requires a license or certification
This position requires FBI and child abuse clearances #LI-MDI
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/22/2021