Registered Respiratory Therapist-Pulmonary Rehab
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
0.8 FTE With some weekend requirements and occasional on call.
Job Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist-Pul
This position is located in Lancaster , PA
$4,000 sign on with 2 year committment
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hours per two weeks with some weekend requirements and occasional on call
Administers respiratory care services in accordance with department policies and procedures, providing input to the clinical evaluation and technical aspects of administered care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Administers physician-prescribed treatment/testing to patients in all clinical areas according to physician order and/or department policy and procedure. Administered services include, but are not limited to, therapeutic gases, aerosol and humidity therapy, positive pressure breathing treatment (IPPB/CPAP), deep breathing exercises, airway care, including tracheobronchial aspiration and other procedures, and postural drainage and percussion/vibration to aid in secretion removal.
- Performs physician-ordered arterial blood sample collection and performs subsequent analysis on an arterial blood gas analyzer for oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, and oxygen saturation levels.
- Establishes, monitors, and adjusts ventilator management of the critically ill patient requiring mechanical ventilation, under the direction of a physician and/or established physician protocol.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation according to department policies for performed services.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Confers with physicians, Manager, Clinical Services, and shift supervisor in regard to patient respiratory care plans, providing information pertaining to effectiveness of therapy and recommendation for changes in therapy.
- Can receive, perform and document oral orders from physicians pertaining to respiratory care.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to respiratory technicians and respiratory care assistants.
- Confers directly with patients in their provision of therapy and patient assessment providing the patient with explanations and information as required.
- Provides the administration of topic anesthesia to patients have bronchoscopies performed. Assists physician with study as required.
- Performs other related duties as required, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, acting as charge therapist when required, supervising and providing clinical instruction to respiratory therapy students, and assisting in the orientation of new employees.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPR certification.
- Certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (or hold a temporary permit) by the PA State Board of Medicine.
- Graduate AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Program. Individual must be registered or registry eligible.
- One (1) year of neonatal intensive care experience.
- One (1) year of arterial gas punctures.
- One (1) year of ventilator management.
- Registry through NBRC - one (1) year.
- This position requires a Professional License
- This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/05/2021