Registered Respiratory Therapist: Clinical (FT/Days)
this a .8 fte, 32 hours per week, 2 x 12 hour shifts/week (0600-1830) + 1 x 8 hr shift per week (0600-1430), every other weekend, every other holiday and occasional on-call
Job Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist : Clinical (FT/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8 (64hr/2week) working per week (2) twelve hour shifts 6:00am-6:30 pm and (1) eight hour shift 6:00am to 2:30 pm with every third weekend , every other holiday and an on call rotation. This position is at Lancaster General Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Administers respiratory care services in accordance with department policies and procedures, providing input to the clinical evaluation and technical aspects of administered care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Administers physician-prescribed treatment/testing to patients in all clinical areas according to physician order and/or department policy and procedure. Administered services include, but are not limited to, therapeutic gases, aerosol and humidity therapy, positive pressure breathing treatment (IPPB/CPAP), deep breathing exercises, airway care, including tracheobronchial aspiration and other procedures, and postural drainage and percussion/vibration to aid in secretion removal.
- Performs physician-ordered arterial blood sample collection and performs subsequent analysis on an arterial blood gas analyzer for oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, and oxygen saturation levels.
- Establishes, monitors, and adjusts ventilator management of the critically ill patient requiring mechanical ventilation, under the direction of a physician and/or established physician protocol.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation according to department policies for performed services.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPR certification.
- Certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (or hold a temporary permit) by the PA State Board of Medicine.
- Graduate AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Program. Individual must be registered or registry eligible.
- One (1) year of neonatal intensive care experience.
- One (1) year of arterial gas punctures.
- One (1) year of ventilator management.
- Registry through NBRC - one (1) year.
This position requires a license or Certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/12/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.