Registered Nurse RN Home Infusion Nurse (Full Time/Evening Shift)
HHS Infusion Nursing
HOURS: Full Time (36 hours per week). 6 hours per shift guaranteed. Evening shift (between the hours of 2pm-10pm). Every 8th weekend ($6/hour weekend differential). On call one night per week and 2 holidays per year.
SIGN ON BONUS: $5,000 (external applicants only)
*Travel is required
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient/caregiver & members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the Care Planning Process. Initiates appropriate care plans at the start of therapy and updates the care plan when clinically appropriate.
- Provides intravenous therapy through the performance of venipunctures, insertion, care and maintenance of PICC lines, accessing and care of central lines and infusion parts, and administration of intravenous medications.
- Educates, directs and supervises patients/caregiver and families in the provision of care. Implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Participates in patient care conferences with clinical care team members as necessitated by patient care needs, and promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy & procedures and standards of practice.
- Serves as a liaison with customers to assure effective communication and acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Is available for, and willingly accepts, on-call and back-up on-call assignments as needed by the organization.
- Nursing Diploma OR Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, with ability to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standard and to safely operate company-owned or personal vehicle in all weather conditions.
- Current CPR/BLS certification required
- Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification required within 6 months of hire and renewed every 2 years
- At least two years of nursing experience required.
- This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
- Data entry and network computer experience preferred.
- Home infusion experience preferred.
- IV Therapy certification preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/20/2022