Registered Nurse-Pre-Procedural COVID Testing Site-Suburban Pavilion (32 hours/week, 1st shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
61275 Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Patient Care
32 hours/week, Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri between 6:30 am and 2:30 pm. Closed on Thursdays. Rotating weekends 6:30 am to 1:30 pm.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitates patient care in an office setting by performing patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions, through patient/provider office visits, nurse visits, and telephone triage. Collaborates with Physician and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) to provide patient care and assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice. This role will support 2112 Suite 323 Pre-Procedural COVID Testing site. In 2021 it is anticipated that this role will transition into an alternative location within the LGH system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team in support of the care needs of the surgical patient population.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions, through patient/provider office visits, nurse visits, and telephone triage. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, and concisely relays medical information to physician or APP.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care.
- Reviews and analyzes laboratory and diagnostic results prior to physicians and APPs, uses critical thinking when communicating results with providers and when discussing with patients.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients and family members about healthy practices, treatment modalities, medications, non-invasive and invasive procedures.
- Facilitates invasive procedure patient education, scheduling and coordination.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Manages rapidly changing situations following established protocols, coordinating and accessing appropriate health team members and resources, and documenting events.
- Participates in process improvement activities with an emphasis on increasing continuity in the nurse to patient relationship, minimizing rework and redundancies; constantly seeks ways to improve processes, increase efficiency, finds solutions to current situations or develops new methods and procedures.
- Completes mandatory education and training that includes review of age-specific needs, caring behaviors, and interpersonal skills as relevant to the care of the surgical patient population.
- Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with established evidence-based practice policies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling and mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance the learning experiences and improve the professional practice environment within the designated work setting.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posted on 06/19/2020
- RN licensure, issued by the PA Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification