Registered Nurse Interventional Vascular Unit (Full Time /Day Shift)
The Interventional Vascular Unit (IVU) is a 16 bed pre/post area with 3 procedural rooms. The IVU performs a variety of services for the outpatient and inpatient population. Specializing in diagnostic and interventional procedures. Working closely with vascular surgeons, radiologist, cardiologist, anesthesia and neuro radiologists. The registered nurse is responsible for providing pre post care, assessing patient health problems and needs, providing education, maintaining medical records, and administering moderate sedation intra procedure, while working in a team environment. The registered nurse in the IVU will work in the pre post and the procedural area. Care of the patient includes: IV starts, general procedure preparation, procedural sedation, managements of emergency events, and maintenance of a safe patient environment.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week). Day Shift (varying hours between 7:00am-5:30pm). Five 8 hour shifts OR four 10 hour shifts. On call rotation for nights, weekends and holidays. Typically one on call holiday per year. On call every 8th-10th weekend. On call requires 30 minute response time.
SIGN ON BONUS: Up to $15,000 (based on FTE), with 2 year commitment. Eligibility rules apply, including 18 months or greater RN experience.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assume responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Manages rapidly changing situations following established protocols, coordinating and accessing appropriate health team members and resources, and documenting events.
- Participates in process improvement activities with an emphasis on increasing continuity in the nurse to patient relationship, minimizing rework and redundancies; constantly seeks ways to improve processes, increase efficiency, finds solutions to current situations or develops new methods and procedures.
- Completes mandatory education and training that includes review of age-specific needs, caring behaviors, and interpersonal skills as defined by unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with established evidence-based practice policies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
- Projects pride in their work as exhibited in day-to-day interactions with staff, coworkers, patients and all those they come in contact with.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling and mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance the learning experiences and improve the professional practice environment within the designated work setting.
- Participates in the employee performance process related to peers and subordinate team members; address employee problems, complaints, disputes or requests as the first level of supervision; evaluates their performance post hire.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree preferred. If ASN, must complete BSN or higher nursing degree within 2 years of RN hire date.
- If applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to successfully complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- 3-5 years of RN critical care experience
- As outlined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1 #CB
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/22/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.