Registered Nurse Hospital Liaison - Horizon Healthcare Services (Full Time/Day Shift)
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Offering Sign-On Bonus up to $5000 (Bonus applicable to external applicants)
Current opening in Lancaster
HOURS: Fulltime, primarily 8:30am – 5:00pm with a rare weekend/holiday.
Performs initial assessment visit in the in-patient facility & develops plan of care in collaboration with physician and patient. Coordinates initial delivery of medications, services and supplies. Works in collaboration with account executive & sales/marketing team to educate/inform potential referral sources and develop new business. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Upon referral, meets with patient/family to educate about home infusion services and to perform initial assessment of home care needs, including medications, skilled services, and supplies. Evaluates and implements individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Notifies referral source and other appropriate parties when patient does not meet admission criteria for home care and discusses possible alternatives.
- Collaborates with physician and patient/caregiver to develop initial plan of care and obtain necessary physician’s order for needed medications, services and supplies. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the care planning process that includes developing realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals.
- Completes all necessary admission documentation and coordinates start of service with appropriate intake and clinical staff at Horizon Healthcare and external agencies to facilitate the referral process.
- Discusses funding sources with patient/family as appropriate. Serves as a liaison between patient/family and agencies to ensure effective communication and acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Serves as HHS representative in communicating information related to HHS services, policies, billing, etc., to patients, families, other agencies, hospitals, physicians and members of the community.
- Maintains existing and establishes new business by developing and maintaining professional relationships with physicians, nursing agencies, hospital staff and other referral sources and educating referral sources through formal and informal encounters.
- Identifies trends in hospital-based referral patterns and participates in activities to accommodate such changes. Participates in the development of new programs and services and educates referral sources regarding those services.
- Proactively works to improve communication between HHS and internal and external departments and agencies.
- Maintains records of referral information as requested.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above
- Maintains professional acumen, participates in professional organizations, and promotes professional growth. Maintains a complete knowledge of products and services available in the industry by attending seminars and other educational programs.
- Maintains clinical competencies and other yearly competencies as identified by HHS.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Participates in bi-monthly staff meetings and other meetings at HHS as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Diploma from accredited school of registered nursing
- Current valid Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- Minimum two (2) years experience in acute care nursing or home care nursing
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, with ability to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standard and to safely operate company-owned or personal vehicle in all weather conditions
- Demonstrated excellent technical skills with the ability to clearly demonstrate and teach the use of equipment/supplies.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification required within 6 months of hire and renewed every 2 years
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- IV Therapy certification
- Home infusion experience
- Two (2) years experience in IV therapy with at least one (1) year in the care and delivery of intravenous therapies to patients within the last two (2) consecutive years
- Three (3) years experience in case coordination
- Discharge planning experience
- Experience in healthcare or medical sales/referral development.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/27/2022