Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma Neuro ICU (Full Time/Night Shift)
A 16-bed critical care unit that cares for Trauma and Neurological injuries during the critical stages of their injury. Our patients average age is 60, we see patients as young as 17 and as old as 100. Our most common injuries are blunt injuries due to falls and motor vehicle accidents. We also care for gunshot wounds, stabbings, and farm accidents. Our neurological patients have suffered from neurological injuries such as strokes, brain bleeds, brain tumors and seizures. We are a Level I Trauma Center. RN’s are PALS certified to support acute care of pediatric patients prior to transport. We are also a primary stroke center with thrombectomy capability, which allows us to keep our patients close to home. The unit has cared for the COVID population in the past year.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full time (36 Hours per Week), Night Shift (Specific Hours), every third weekend, rotating summer and winter holidays
*SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $15,000 (external applicants only, two year commitment, 18 months or greater RN experience)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. For Magnet designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is required for incumbents based upon previously established parameters; or within two (2) years of placement in position for incumbents who started after 07/01/2020.
- If applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to successfully complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/18/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.