Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology Med/Surg (Full Time/Night Shift)
** Sign On Bonus: Up to $15000.00 and a two year commitment. Eligibility rules apply including 18 months or greater RN experience. **
HOURS: 0.9 (36 hours a week) Night Shift, weekend rotation, every other holiday.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assume responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice is a newly licensed new to practice RN or RN with less than 15 months of experience that demonstrates basic safe practice within the organizational professional practice model. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice seeks guidance to integrate concepts, knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice exhibits Penn Medicine’s experience standards which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
8 Lime specializes in the medical-surgical oncology population. Our nurses have the opportunity to work with a diverse patient population which includes medical oncology, surgical gynecology and mastectomy, palliative care patients and a variety of medical patients. 8L RNs are chemotherapy and biotherapy certified and provide compassionate and expert nursing care. This is a unit which has a supportive and strong team work ethic to create a workplace where you can succeed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- As outline in unit based Plan for Provision of Care
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 08/02/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.