Registered Nurse (RN) Neuro Med/Surg
This 26-bed telemetry unit specializes in neuroscience, caring for patients with stroke, seizure, Guillian-Barre, and other brain related illnesses and injuries. We work closely with our neurology team and provide our patients with multidisciplinary plans of care. Our leadership is a transformational leadership team committed to promoting exceptional nursing care, and professional growth and development of the individual nurse.
Lancaster General Hospital - Lancaster, PA
Part Time or Full Time, Day, Evening, or Night Shifts Available
Every 3rd weekend, Every other holiday
No On-Call requirement!
10% Evenings/Nights, 15% Weekends
WEEKEND ONLY STIPEND:
$465 - $700 per pay
Sign On Bonus: Up to $20,000!
Flexible schedules, excellent rewards, and growth opportunities makes Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health the right choice for you.
- Bonus Opportunities - Sign-on bonus, relocation bonus, and more are available!
- Tuition Assistance - up to 100%!
- Retirement Plans - with up to 6% employer match!
- Discounted Childcare… and more!
No matter your career stage, we have opportunities for you to make an impact.
Our Clinical Ladder Program, Nurse Manager Residency, and other programs will take you to new heights. You’ll get to lead and mentor less experienced nurses, helping them grow.
Start your nursing career strong with us. You’ll automatically be enrolled in our Nurse Residency Program, a 12-month program that supports your transition from student to nursing professional.
You’ll collaborate with your team to give patients the best care. Our flexible schedules and supportive network allow you to learn new skills and rise to any challenge.
The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice. Incorporating Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care. Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- RN Licensure is required, issued by PA Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- For Magnet designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is required for incumbents based upon previously established parameters; or within two (2) years of placement in position for incumbents who started after 07/01/2020.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/10/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.