Registered Nurse (RN) - Employee Health Call Center - (40 hrs/wk Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Remote work will be available after completion of onsite training for a period of 2-4 weeks.
HOURS: Full time; day shift; M-F, including weekend/holiday rotation. After initial training period, transition to remote from home work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of this position is to provide telephonic screening for all LG Health employees with potential COVID-19 exposures both in the workplace and the community. This position is responsible to determine appropriate quarantine period length, and maintain ongoing communication with every employee during quarantine, as well as determining time of quarantine release. This work also includes conducting COVID-19 contact tracing for those employees or patients impacted by these exposures. This position works from a multi-line centralized communication center, providing information to employees by assessing their needs, developing a plan for potential quarantine based upon phone triage assessment and compliance to established algorithms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conduct telephone calls with employees diagnosed with COVID-19 or have had exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace or community to complete screening interviews, and determine appropriate quarantine.
- Determine and trace employee contacts exposed to COVID-19 patients or co-workers within the workplace.
- Provide follow-up instructions to employees (and their managers where applicable) related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for additional medical care.
- Communicate with employees and leadership team in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information from the employee interview/contact gathering into the MIDAS data system
- Follow approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them for COVID testing based on symptoms.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the organization to maintain the integrity of the processes in accordance with direction from Infection Prevention leadership.
- Protect and maintain individuals’ privacy and confidentiality
- Adhere to departmental policies and guidance related to staffing and financial management.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Comply with the HIPAA procedures or regulations regarding release of protected health information
- Other duties as assigned
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of two (2) years of adult medical/surgical nursing experience or similar clinical experience
- Excellent active listening, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact professionally with employees from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis
- Proficient in typing, data entry and word processing skills for documentation of interview
- Attention to detail and accuracy in workflow – able to make decisions with limited information
- Experience working in healthcare telephonic call center
- Experience in employee health and safety
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/31/2021