Registered Nurse (RN) 4L Ortho/Total Joints Unit (Full-time, Evening shift) Sign on Eligible
HOURS: Full-time Evening Shift (1500-0330) 0.9 FTE Rotating Weekend and Holiday
Ranked #40 in the U.S. for orthopedic surgery by U.S. News & World Report, the 42-bed orthopedic unit cares for patients in need of hip fracture repair, total hip replacements, knee replacements, and other orthopedic repairs. A high-volume surgical unit, the team handles an average of 10 to 15 surgeries per day.
Sign on up to $15,000!
Eligibility rules apply including 18 months or greater RN experience with a two year commitment.
Registered Nurses at Lancaster General Health collaborate with their peers and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to provide a comprehensive and high quality approach to patient care. We often find ourselves rounding with physicians, sharing assessments and providing recommendations, confident that our observations and suggestions are received with respect and consideration. We have a voice and we are instrumental in our patient care throughout their treatment plan.
We are actively engaged in daily improvement huddles to drive change in clinical practices and improve patient care and outcomes. Through our RN clinical ladde
r program, we find opportunities to advance our skills, education and leadership; and contribute to our floor’s governing council to encourage shared decision making while having a positive impact on care quality and the patient experience. Members of our nursing team are dedicated and supportive, we create a workplace where RNs can continue to learn, grow and succeed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, if ASN, must agree to complete BSN or higher nursing degree within 2 years of RN hire date.
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification required.
- If Applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 12/01/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.