Registered Nurse (RN), Employee Health Call Center, Fully Remote Position (16 hrs/week, Day Shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of this position is to provide telephonic screening for all LG Health employees with potential COVID-19 exposures both in the workplace and the community. This position is responsible to determine appropriate quarantine period length, and maintain ongoing communication with every employee during quarantine, as well as determining time of quarantine release. This work also includes conducting COVID-19 contact tracing for those employees or patients impacted by these exposures. This position works from a multi-line centralized communication center, providing information to employees by assessing their needs, developing a plan for potential quarantine based upon phone triage assessment and compliance to established algorithms.
Hours: Dayshift, FTE 0.4=16 hours per week, 8 hour shifts, includes Holidays & Weekends.
Fully remote position!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conduct telephone calls with employees diagnosed with COVID-19 or have had exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace or community to complete screening interviews, and determine appropriate quarantine.
- Determine and trace employee contacts exposed to COVID-19 patients or co-workers within the workplace.
- Provide follow-up instructions to employees (and their managers where applicable) related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for additional medical care.
- Communicate with employees and leadership team in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information from the employee interview/contact gathering into the MIDAS data system
- Follow approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them for COVID testing based on symptoms.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the organization to maintain the integrity of the processes in accordance with direction from Infection Prevention leadership.
- Protect and maintain individuals’ privacy and confidentiality
- Adhere to departmental policies and guidance related to staffing and financial management.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Comply with the HIPAA procedures or regulations regarding release of protected health information
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of two (2) years of adult medical/surgical nursing experience or similar clinical experience
- Excellent active listening, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact professionally with employees from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis
- Proficient in typing, data entry and word processing skills for documentation of interview
- Attention to detail and accuracy in workflow – able to make decisions with limited information
- Experience working in healthcare telephonic call center
- Experience in employee health and safety
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #L1-MDI
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.