Regional Response Social Worker
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Full-time days, no weekends or holidays
Job Title: Social Worker Regional Response
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time,1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working days with no weekends or holidays. Providing LTC and Personal Care Facility Assessments. This is a 2 year grant funded position to become a permanent position.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs Long Term Care (LTC) and Personal Care Facility assessments through on-site visits and remotely as a member of a Rapid Response team which consists of a Physician, Registered Nurse and Social Worker.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs LTC Facility site visits independently or as a member of a team.
- Responds to Facility needs within 24 hrs. of an outbreak as part of a Rapid Response Team (MD,RN,SW).
- Maintains knowledge/relationships with community health care providers and resources to support Resident transitions as appropriate.
- Identifies and provides guidance to facilities regarding resident/staff behavioral health needs/resources.
- Conducts training for facility staff so they are better equipped to recognize behavioral health needs of residents and staff.
- Provides crisis intervention support including emotional support to staff.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Potential to have phone only on-call evening/weekend; total of 1-2 weeks in 5 month period
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree (MSW) from a school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-based care skills.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Reliable motor vehicle (due to regional travel required).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Previous experience in Palliative care/bereavement counseling.
This position requires a Motor Vehicle Background Check
This position requires a certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/12/2021