Regional Response RN
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Full-time, day shift. Will not typically require weekends or holidays
HOURS: 1.0 FTE 40 hours/week- No weekends or holidays
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs Long Term Care (LTC) and Personal Care Facility assessments through on-site visits and remotely as a member of a Rapid Response team which consists of a MD, RN and Social Worker. Coordinates preparedness activities and testis residents and staff for COVID 19.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs Long Term Care (LTC) and Personal Care Facility assessments through on-site visits and remotely as a member of a team.
- Responds to Facility needs within 24 hrs. of (notification) as part of a Rapid Response Team (MD,RN,SW).
- Coordinates preparedness activities with collaborative Health Systems resources and with participating external contractors as needed.
- Identifies unmet COVID-19 readiness needs following approved assessment tools.
- Performs nasopharyngeal or nasal swabbing of facility residents/staff for COVID 19.
- Accurately collects, labels and prepares specimens in accordance with laboratory specifications.
- Performs Infection control of swab operations.
- Provides follow-up instructions to cases related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for medical care and supportive services.
- Communicates with cases in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collects and records information from interviews into the data management system.
- Follows approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing.
- Provides information on where to find other social, health resources using approved script/resource list.
- Protects and maintains individuals’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Coordinates responses to call center inquiries.
- Potential to have phone only on-call evening/weekend; total of 1-2 weeks in 5 month period.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Three (3) years of nursing experience.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Reliable motor vehicle (due to regional travel required).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English.
- MSN or MPH degree
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/14/2022