Regional Director Operations - Academics
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) occasional administrator on-call responsibilities.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the operational performance and strategic growth of LGHealth ambulatory services in a regional market and the successful operations and financial performance of both primary care practices and ambulatory facilities within the region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Recommends and implements strategies for ambulatory and practice market growth that aligns with the LG Health Strategic Plan. Work collaboratively with health system and physician leadership to develop short and long-range strategic goals and tactics to meet community needs. Collaborates with the marketing team in the planning and execution of marketing plans.
- Understands the environmental dynamics of the region including: competition, local regulatory issues, demographic changes, cultural and social context, unique needs of special populations, etc. Possesses a strong knowledge of utilization rates and service demand as well as consumer awareness and preferences ratings of a designated regional market.
- Delivers new products and services to the region based on sound strategic and financial assumptions. With support from planning and business development, creates business plans for sites and services. Leads project teams in the implementation of new facilities and services, employing experience design principles. Assists project team with application requirements and implementation tasks, setting realistic timelines and contingency plans.
- Creates collaborative and productive partnerships with primary and specialist physician providers in the designated market. Possess the ability to inform, influence and provide sound rationale to physicians in recommending strategic changes within the market.
- Maximize operational workflow in practices and ambulatory sites to ensure optimal utilization of staff. Redistribute staff based on the region’s needs. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of practice operations including: scheduling, registration, authorization/referral, and billing/coding functions.
- In conjunction with physicians, practice managers, and site supervisors, facilitate the performance improvement process with a focus on patient, employee, and physician satisfaction, as well as clinical quality and operational efficiency. Presents new approaches and provides the support needed to facilitate implementation where appropriate.
- Directs the alignment of staff within each practice and facility to work as a team in creating a seamless delivery system. Collaborates with modality leaders to ensure staff are hired, trained, and evaluated for their performance.
- With support from finance, develops and manages the annual operating and capital budgets for practices, ambulatory facilities, and programs. Manages operations and the revenue cycle process to meet operational and financial goals.
- Review monthly financial reports and variance analyses. Monitor performance of practices and ambulatory sites via scorecards, P&Ls, and key performance indicators (KPIs). Perform trend analysis and implement changes to meet desired goals.
- Facilitate, mentor and monitor leadership development of practice managers, site supervisors, and all direct reports. Educate and coach leaders relative to interpersonal skills that maximize employee satisfaction, customer service, and productivity.
- Coordinates the recruitment and contracting of providers in the region. Assists in resolving compensation matters.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Informs and advises executive leadership of trends, issues, and activities relevant to primary care delivery and its relation to ambulatory services. Possess a strong understanding of changes resulting from healthcare reform and its implications on the delivery of and the reimbursement for physician and ambulatory services.
- Builds a culture that promotes innovation, teamwork and customer service excellence. Ensures that established system standards and policies and procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Works collaboratively with internal audit, compliance, professional billing service, decision support, business development, marketing, quality, and other departments that support delivering primary care services.
- Serves on physician, ambulatory, service line, inpatient, value management, and other committees as needed. Coordinates and collaborates with appropriate physicians, administration, patients, visitors, volunteers and other healthcare providers to ensure consistency and coordination of services.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in related field.
- Five (5) years healthcare management experience.
- Two (2) years experience within the LGH system.
- Two (2) years experience in healthcare business development.
- Two (2) years experience managing outpatient services.
- Two (2) years experience managing physician practices.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/17/2021