Referral Coordinator- Suburban Outpatient Pavilion (Full-Time/ Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: 40 hrs per week. Day Shift Mon-Fri. No weekends or major holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the referral office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates and monitors daily work flow processes and activities for meeting required referral/insurance deadlines (within 72 hours/or as directed by provider – e.g., Stat/emergent).
- Daily reviews and monitors referral work que in order to provide accurate and timely referral process documentation.
- Serves as the first-line resource for all customers (internal/external) with regards to Insurance and Referrals. Must be knowledgeable in all areas of insurance verification and authorization/referral processes.
- Maintain accurate and current referral log on all patients.
- Serve as liaison for patient with doctor offices with regards to processing referrals. Communication may be via fax/telephone/electronically.
- Review and analyze managed care patient visits and ensure proper documentation of required services.
- Coordinate internal functions and recordkeeping related to managed care organizations to meet compliance.
- In collaboration with staff in LG Patient Financial Services, ascertain physician credentialing is current and required documentation on file.
- Organizes in-service programs for staff regarding all referral/insurance process changes and updates.
- Liaison between patient and insurance company to explain to patient what their insurance company requires to meet referral/authorization compliance.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a positive, customer service manner when communicating with all customers or when using Department tools (i.e., telephone, fax, email, voice mail, etc.).
- Exhibits teamwork and excellent customer service skills without exception, at all time for both internal and external customers.
- Collaboratively works with internal/external LG staff, other physician offices, and outside agencies, to resolve patient questions and complaints regarding referral/insurance issues.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or certificate
- One (1) year of computer experience
- One (1) year clerical or clinical experience in a medical practice setting
- One (1) year experience in medical referral/insurance
- One (1) year of using medical terminology
- Basic keyboarding ability and telephone/interpersonal etiquette is required. Successful completion of customer service training module or commensurate experience with successful completion of related competency testing is also required
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/11/2022