Referral Coordinator-ABBCI (40hrs/week, day shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
9047 ABBCI Medical Clinic
ABBCI Cancer Clinic- Admin Support
Full Time: 40 hrs per week. Day Shift Mon-Fri. No weekends or major holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the referral office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates and monitors daily work flow processes and activities for meeting required referral/insurance deadlines (within 72 hours/or as directed by provider – e.g., Stat/emergent).
- Daily reviews and monitors referral work que in order to provide accurate and timely referral process documentation.
- Serves as the first-line resource for all customers (internal/external) with regards to Insurance and Referrals. Must be knowledgeable in all areas of insurance verification and authorization/referral processes.
- Maintain accurate and current referral log on all patients.
- Serve as liaison for patient with doctor offices with regards to processing referrals. Communication may be via fax/telephone/electronically.
- Review and analyze managed care patient visits and ensure proper documentation of required services.
- Coordinate internal functions and recordkeeping related to managed care organizations to meet compliance.
- In collaboration with staff in LG Patient Financial Services, ascertain physician credentialing is current and required documentation on file.
- Organizes in-service programs for staff regarding all referral/insurance process changes and updates.
- Liaison between patient and insurance company to explain to patient what their insurance company requires to meet referral/authorization compliance.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a positive, customer service manner when communicating with all customers or when using Department tools (i.e., telephone, fax, email, voice mail, etc.).
- Exhibits teamwork and excellent customer service skills without exception, at all time for both internal and external customers.
- Collaboratively works with internal/external LG staff, other physician offices, and outside agencies, to resolve patient questions and complaints regarding referral/insurance issues.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or certificate
- One (1) year of computer experience
- One (1) year clerical or clinical experience in a medical practice setting
- One (1) year experience in medical referral/insurance
Posted on 11/25/2019
- One (1) year of using medical terminology
- Basic keyboarding ability and telephone/interpersonal etiquette is required. Successful completion of customer service training module or commensurate experience with successful completion of related competency testing is also required