At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday Day Shift.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate talent identification and full life cycle recruiting for assigned departments and functions within the Lancaster General Health System. This position is responsible for ensuring a ready supply of diverse talent for the health system within assigned areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develop specific recruiting strategies with hiring manager for open positions.
- Implement identified recruiting strategy including development of internal job posting, external advertising, Internet sourcing and management of external relationships if appropriate (e.g. outsourced recruiting firms, search firms etc).
- Coordinate internal job posting activity and refer qualified internal applications to department managers.
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media and employee referrals.
- Develop and manage relationships with schools and programs including attendance at college recruiting events, career days and job fairs in order to ensure pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Develop and implement external sourcing and recruiting strategies for assigned positions including acting as liaison with and addressing community agencies, community programs, schools and professional associations.
- Pre-screen applications and resumes, screen candidates accordingly, and determine suitability for employment within LG.
- Contact, screen, and refer applicants for assigned positions; provide information about LG Health System and career opportunities within the System.
- Work with manager to develop job offers including salary quotes; extend job offers to internal and external candidates.
- Assist with potential placement of individuals upon release to return to work.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Complete employment reports for purposes of tracking staffing metrics.
- Utilize and maintain current data in Position Manager for all positions.
- Complete new hire paperwork and coordinate new hire logistics with HR Process Coordinators as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- R.N. or B. S. Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- One year prior recruiting experience.
- Current knowledge of (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Two (2) years human resource staffing experience.
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/13/2022