Radiology Equip Specialist
Lancaster General Hospital Penn Medicine is recruiting for a full time Biomedical Equipment Support Specialist (Imaging). The Bio Medical Equipment Support Specialist will function in the Biomedical Engineering Department.
Location - Lancaster
Hours: Full-time/ 40 hours p/ week), Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4pm, occasional weekend/after hours
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the maintenance, calibration, and modification of all radiographic, fluoroscopic, other imaging, and imaging-related devices for the Lancaster Health Alliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain, repair, calibrate and modify diagnostic imaging systems to assure optimum performance, image quality, and safety.
- Maintain vendor-recommended preventive maintenance program.
- Perform quality control performance and safety tests to comply with federal, state, and LGH regulations and standards.
- Maintain a cost-effective inventory, utilizing second sources, of replacement materials required to service and maintain imaging devices within the facilities.
- Oversee and supervise the function of outside service personnel, as required. Approve/disapprove services rendered and authorization of payment.
- Maintain appropriate service and calibration documentation in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
- Perform in service education and safety training on all x-ray equipment for the Departments of Radiology, Oncology, and/or Cardiology.
- Assist with equipment planning and pre-purchase evaluations of new equipment.
- Provide technical training to all other Radiological Equipment Specialists concerning radiological devices.
- Attend pertinent service and training seminars as required, to enhance skill level and decrease device operational costs, post-warranty.
- Perform acceptance inspections and assist with the relocation of existing and with the installation of new equipment when required.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attend Biomedical Engineering (BME) Department and Radiology Services Division staff meetings.
- Attend meetings concerning modification, renovation or addition to the Radiology, Oncology, or Cardiology Invasive Lab facilities or equipment, under the direction of the BME Manager.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate of Science degree in Electrical/Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- Ten (10) years servicing diagnostic imaging systems.
- Ten (10) years of clinical image quality applications
- Five (5) years servicing LGH related diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Five (5) years servicing diagnostic imaging systems as a hospital employee.
- Five (5) years servicing digital imaging systems.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, CT scanner, linear accelerator, fluoroscopy units, radiographic units, angiography units, cardiac cath lab scanners, mammography units, nuclear medicine equipment, video systems, computer, telephone, microfiche viewer, oscilloscope, densitometer, multi meter, MAS meter, photocopier, automobile, hammer, screwdriver, pliers, wrench, Allen keys, soldering iron, wire cutter, socket wrench, flashlight, files, drill.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, equipment related diagnostics
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/06/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.