RN Rehab Case Manager (Part-Time 0.5/Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Provides support for the Neuro Recovery Program and outpatient rehabilitation case management that fosters effective, efficient and timely therapy services. Functions as the communication link for the coordination of care among the multidisciplinary rehab team, patients, families and payers in order to facilitate continuity of care. Provide ongoing assessment of individual treatment plans to ensure that the best possible outcomes are achieved. Patient/customer care includes education for the patients in the Neuro Recovery Program and case management services to outpatients/customers in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
Hours: Part-time 0.5 FTE (20 hrs/week); available to work Monday-Thursday 7am-7pm and Fridays 7am-5pm; no weekends; no primary holidays; no on-call
*Will cover Willow Lakes in the Therapy Departments (primarily) and Neuro Science Institute (secondary)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides Nursing Services to patients in the Neuro Recovery Program requiring medical education such as taking vital signs, glucose monitoring and self-medication management.
- Assists in the coordination of medical services for patients in the Neuro Recovery Program.
- Assist in the development of a system to collect and aggregate pertinent data to measure patient outcomes with corrective action planning.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of progress toward patient outcomes by determining the influences of the prescribed treatment plan, the practices of the team members, the hospital systems, environment, and the cooperation of the patient and family.
- Provide clinical consultation and education for members of the multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary team related to expected patient outcomes and resource availability.
- Collaborate with both the inpatient, Neuro Recovery Program, and outpatient rehab teams in achieving patient care outcomes that promote the rehab continuum of care. Act as the primary contact for coordination of Neuro Recovery Program and outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Design, implement, and evaluate systems and processes to support managed care and case management activities that address the special needs of a designated patient population.
- Communicate with insurance case managers and insurance representatives to provide them with information regarding patient outcomes, program development, and system changes through verbal and written communication.
- Provide education to a variety of audiences, including insurance/managed care companies, physicians, internal/external referral sources, patients and families by providing formal and informal presentations, direct contact, and written communication.
- Participate in staff development activities and peer review activities to identify practice opportunities to enhance patient outcomes.
- Attend weekly multidiscipline team and family conferences and performs follow-up case management activities as necessary.
- Provide supportive case management services to facilitate obtaining consults for patients such as dietary, vocational, home care services, and other community-based services as requested by the treating therapist, and/or the patient’s physician.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current RN license, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or a related health care degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. BSN preferred.
- Certification in Case Management preferred or obtained within 2 years.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of rehab case management experience preferred.
- Clinical Rehab Nurse experience.
- Experience and knowledge of managed care and insurance as they relate to rehabilitation services.
- Prior outpatient case management experience preferred.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/11/2021