RN Outpatient- Lancaster NeuroScience and Spine Associates (20 hours/week, 1st shift)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61238 NeuroScience and Spine Assoc.
NeuroScience & Spine Clinical
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for an Outpatient RN to support Lancaster NeuroScience & Spine Associates
The Outpatient RN will provide direct patient care under supervision of licensed medical specialists. This is a part time, benefit eligible position, totaling 20 hours per week.
- Hours vary Monday through Thursday (subject to change).
- Hours are generally 0630-1500.
- No weekend/holiday or on-call at the present time.
- Outpatient surgery environment.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients and family members about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Urgent Care sites only - administration of intravenous fluids and medication via, intramuscular, subcutaneous injections or by mouth.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN license, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- CPR Certification.
- Urgent Care and NSA positions require BLS, ACLS Certification.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) as outlined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care preferred.
- Urgent Care positions prefer PALS preferred.
FBI Fingerprints/Child Abuse Clearances are required
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 08/01/2019