RN Office Nurse-Pre-Procedural COVID Testing Site-Suburban Pavilion (24 hours/week, 1st shift)
61608 Pre-Procedural COVID-19 Testing
24 hours/week. 1st shift.. Hours vary Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri between 6:30 am and 2:30 pm. Closed on Thursdays. Rotating Weekends between 6:30 am and 1:30 pm. Saturdays & Sundays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitates patient care in an office setting by performing patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions, through patient/provider office visits, nurse visits, and telephone triage. Collaborates with Physician and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) to provide patient care and assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
This role will support 2112 Suite 323 Pre-Procedural COVID Testing site. The RN Office will be the onsite lead, providing day to day supervision of the team and scheduling patients as necessary. In 2021 it is anticipated that this role will transition into an alternative location within the LGH system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team in support of the care needs of the surgical patient population.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions, through patient/provider office visits, nurse visits, and telephone triage. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, and concisely relays medical information to physician or APP.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care.
- Reviews and analyzes laboratory and diagnostic results prior to physicians and APPs, uses critical thinking when communicating results with providers and when discussing with patients.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients and family members about healthy practices, treatment modalities, medications, non-invasive and invasive procedures.
- Facilitates invasive procedure patient education, scheduling and coordination.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
Posted on 07/15/2020
- RN licensure, issued by the PA Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification