RN - Observation Unit (Full-Time 0.9/Night Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
4027 7EW Observation
MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
- Hours: Full-time 0.8 FTE (32 hrs/week); night shift; 8 & 12-hr shifts; every third weekend (7:00PM-7:00AM); EOH.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for Observation Unit. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
The Observation unit is an extension of the Emergency department and is an outpatient unit. Patients on the Observation Unit experience an average length of stay of 24-48 hours. The Observation Unit cares for adult patients with common diagnosis groups of chest pain, shortness of breath, TIA, vertigo, backache, syncope, A-fib, headache, abdominal pain, weakness, non-critical trauma patients etc.
- Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. For Magnet designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is required: by 12/31/2020; or by 12/31/2021 based on established parameters for incumbents who started in position prior to 12/31/2017; or within three (3) years of placement in position for incumbents who started in position after 12/31/2017.
- CPR Certification required.
- If Applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 05/28/2020