RN Nurse Supervisor Occupational Health (Full-Time/Day shift)
Plans, organizes, and supervises all clinical staff functions on a daily basis to ensure quality patient care is provided in a physician office setting. Performs all nursing duties as needed.
LOCATION: Suburban Outpatient Pavilion in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full-time 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week); day shift; holiday on-call rotation possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises and coordinates functions of the Lead Office Nurses and clinical staff , providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Review schedules for staff and makes recommendations as needed while effectively managing overtime. Ensures timely and accurate approval of all clinical staff time cards as assigned.
- Develop orientation, education and training for new employees. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed and is responsible for ensuring all staff complete annual competencies within the designated timeframe. Plays an active role in the growth and development of staff.
- In collaboration with Managing Physician, and/or Manager, interviews and selects candidates for vacant positions.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of patient and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including providers, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- In collaboration with management, oversees all care coordination activities performed by the clinical staff in the team based care model. Assist in implementing, monitoring and actively participating in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Effectively manages patient complaints in collaboration with Manager.
- In collaboration with Manager, completes annual performance evaluations for assigned staff. Coordinates coaching and/or disciplinary action in accordance with LG Health and practice policies.
- Conducts routine clinical staff meetings. Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed of any new information, processes or procedures. Meets one on one with Lead Office Nurses at a minimum of once a quarter.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings including but not limited to practice staff meetings and Nurse Supervisor meetings.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current RN license issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant nursing experience.
- For Urgent Care, three (3) years of nursing experience in an Emergency Department may also qualify.
- CPR/BLS certification through AHA
- For Regional Positions only – Valid driver’s license is required.
- Prior supervisory experience in a physician office setting.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician's office.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/23/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.