RN - Lab - ABBCI Cancer Clinic (Full-time 1.0 FTE; 40 hours/week; Day shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
9039 ABBCI Laboratory & Support Services
ABBCI Medical Clinic- Patient Care
This position is located at the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Full-time, 80 hours/2 weeks, Monday- Friday, 8 hour shifts between 6:30am and 5:15pm, no weekends/holidays
SUMMARY: This candidate will be trained to draw blood from central lines, draw blood peripherally, give a variety of therapeutic injections subcutaneously and intramuscularly, and unhook central line pumps while assessing your patients for symptoms post cancer treatments and communicating your findings with the Clinical staff.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
• Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
• Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
• Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
• Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
• Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
• Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
• Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
• Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
• RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. For Magnet designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is required: by 12/31/2020; or by 12/31/2021 based on established parameters for incumbents who started in position prior to 12/31/2017; or within three (3) years of placement in position for incumbents who started in position after 12/31/2017.
• CPR Certification required.
• If Applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to complete the Nurse Residency Program.
• A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
• Central line experience
Posted on 07/28/2020