RN/LPN Office Nurse Lancaster Physicians for Women ( 24 hours/week, 1st shift)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61315 Lancaster Physicians for Women
Lancaster Physicians for Women - Nursing
24 hours/week. Monday-Friday between the hours of. 8:30 am and 5 pm.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide nursing services to patients at a provider’s office. Patient care includes care to patients in following age group: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years) and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists provider and patient in reviewing and revising care plans and assesses patient progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
Posted on 07/22/2020
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- CPR certification
- One (1) to Two (2) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office preferred.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience preferred.