RN/LPN Office Nurse-Family Medicine East Petersburg ( 40 hours/week, 1st shift w/ 1 evening per week
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61220 East Petersburg Family Medicine
East Petersburg Family Medicine- Patient Care
**NON-MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
40 hours/week, Monday-Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, one evening shift per week 12 pm to 9 pm and a rotating Saturday of 8 am to 12 pm.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking an Office Nurse for East Petersburg Family Medicine. The Office Nurse provides nursing services to patients at a provider’s office.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- CPR Certification required.
- 1-2 years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office preferred.
- Prior triage, emergency room, cardiac care, intensive care or other related specialty nursing experience preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 11/13/2019