RN - Intensive Care Unit (Part-Time 0.7/Evening & Night Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
4030 6L Intensive Care
6L Intensive Care
**MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours: Part-Time 0.7 FTE (56 hrs/2wks); evening & night shift; hours between 3:00PM-7:00AM, EOW, EOH
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Intensive Care Unit. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
The Intensive Care Unit is a 32-bed medical & surgical ICU with a strong emphasis on cardiac care. Nurses in the ICU have the privilege of caring for a variety of conditions including open heart surgery patients as well as those with sepsis. Nurses in the ICU are also skilled in invasive monitoring lines including IABP, Tandem Heart, Impella, and ECMO.
- Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a Magnet designated RN position, BSN will be required within 3 years of RN hire date.
- CPR Certification required.
- New RN graduates and RNs with less than 1 year nursing experience in an acute care setting will be required to complete the “Nurse Residency Program.” All other new RN hires will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the Nurse Residency Oversight Committee, to determine if they would be required to complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- The Nurse Residency Program must be completed within 1 year of starting the program.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 08/08/2019