RN Infusion Nurse (Part-Time/Evening Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
The RN Infusion Nurse provides intravenous therapy through the performance of venipunctures, insertion, care and maintenance of PICC lines, accessing and care of central lines and infusion parts, patient/caregiver education and administration of intravenous medications consistent with the policies and mission of Horizon Healthcare Services. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
Sign-on bonus $2500 (for external applicants only)
Hours: Part-time 0.6 FTE (24 hrs/week); 6 hrs per shift guaranteed; evening shift 2pm-10pm; every 8th weekend; on-call one overnight per week; 2 holidays per year (1 spring/summer; 1 fall/winter)
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient/caregiver & members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the Care Planning Process. Initiates appropriate care plans at the start of therapy and updates the care plan when clinically appropriate.
- Provides intravenous therapy through the performance of venipunctures, insertion, care and maintenance of PICC lines, accessing and care of central lines and infusion parts, and administration of intravenous medications.
- Educates, directs and supervises patients/caregiver and families in the provision of care. Implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria
- Participates in patient care conferences with clinical care team members as necessitated by patient care needs, and promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy & procedures and standards of practice.
- Serves as a liaison with customers to assure effective communication and acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Is available for, and willingly accepts, on-call and back-up on-call assignments as needed by the organization.
- Valid Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, with ability to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standard and to safely operate company-owned or personal vehicle in all weather conditions.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification preferred.
- IV Therapy certification preferred.
- At least two (2) years’ experience required. Home infusion experience preferred.
- Data entry and network computer experience preferred.
- This position requires a valid PA Driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report
- This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/28/2021