RN Infusion Nurse (Full-Time 32 hours per week/Evening Shift)
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Hours: full-Time 0.8 FTE (32hrs/wk); evening shift; every 8th weekend and 1 night per week on call
*Travel is required
*Offering Sign-On Bonus of $5,000.00 (Bonus applicable to external applicants only)
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine Horizon Healthcare Services is currently seeking a RN Infusion Nurse. The RN Infusion Nurse provides intravenous therapy through the performance of venipunctures, insertion, care and maintenance of PICC lines, accessing and care of central lines and infusion parts, patient/caregiver education and administration of intravenous medications consistent with the policies and mission of Horizon Healthcare Services.
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient/caregiver & members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the Care Planning Process. Initiates appropriate care plans at the start of therapy and updates the care plan when clinically appropriate.
- Provides intravenous therapy through the performance of venipunctures, insertion, care and maintenance of PICC lines, accessing and care of central lines and infusion parts, and administration of intravenous medications.
- Educates, directs and supervises patients/caregiver and families in the provision of care. Implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Participates in patient care conferences with clinical care team members as necessitated by patient care needs, and promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy & procedures and standards of practice.
- Serves as a liaison with customers to assure effective communication and acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Is available for, and willingly accepts, on-call and back-up on-call assignments as needed by the organization.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, with ability to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standard and to safely operate company-owned or personal vehicle in all weather conditions.
- Current CPR/BLS certification required.
- At least two years of nursing experience required.
- Home infusion experience preferred.
- IV Therapy certification preferred.
- Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification preferred.
- Data entry and network computer experience preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances
This position requires a valid PA Driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/18/2021