RN - Hyperbaric Wound Center - Suburban Outpatient Pavilion ( 40 hrs/wk, Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 No weekends/holidays
POSITION SUMMARY: Plan, organize and direct the patient care in the hyperbaric center. Be responsible for all aspects of maintenance and safety of the hyperbaric chambers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Operates, maintains and ensures safety of the hyperbaric facility and all associated systems and equipment while in charge of a treatment.
- Works closely with Wound Center leadership to establish procedures for the safe operation and maintenance of the hyperbaric facility, including annual updates of our HBO policies and procedures.
- Makes necessary recommendations for departmental safety policies and procedures, national safety codes and industry standards.
- Approves and documents any modification to the chamber or support equipment.
- Provides orientation and on the job training to HBO staff. Monitors and supervises continuing education of personnel on safety issues. Assures that all HBO staff is trained and knowledgeable of all safety policies.
- Develops equipment maintenance program and appropriately enters and/or monitors all required operating, maintenance and safety logs.
- Primary discipline for accomplishing TCOM testing on patients. Is responsible for monitoring and maintaining TCOM machine for readiness to perform tests. Primary staff instructor for appropriate performance of TCOM testing on patients. Alerts Biomed of any problems or concerns with machine.
- Directs staff in the performance of emergency maintenance on the hyperbaric chamber, routine preventive maintenance and cleaning of the chambers and equipment.
- Ensures department compliance with NFPA 99, Health care Facilities, chapter 20, Hyperbaric Facilities and with unit safety policies and procedures. Serves on facility Safety Committee.
- Reviews department’s safety incidents, collects information regarding equipment/patient safety, and reports relevant incidents to the staff, leadership, and risk management. Periodically provides in-service training on accident prevention. Works with other outside services (i.e. Fire Marshall) to provide safe standards and training for the Center.
- Performs screening for candidates for hyperbaric treatment and ensures that all the medical information needed to safely dive the patient is provided to the Medical Director.
- Monitors the hyperbaric weekly schedule - coordinating patients’ schedules with physician attendance.
- Responsible for the purchase of supplies, and equipment under the direction of the Clinical Manager.
- Provides competent wound care to wound care patients as directed by the Manager and in coordination with the Medical Director. Organizes and implements designated nursing plans of care. Gathers relevant patient information pertinent for the nursing assessment. Documents pertinent information and nursing actions and outcomes in the medical record.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Directs HBO trained staff when working in hyperbaric room and monitors for safe and appropriate treatment and documentation.
- Reports any HBO staff concerns to leadership.
- Works closely with leadership to assure that all trained HBO staff is intermittently scheduled to work in HBO to keep up with skills, documentation, changes and techniques.
- Foster positive relationship between the department staff, local Fire Marshall, Emergency Medical Services Director, and Pressure Vessel Inspector, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy in interacting with staff, clients and the public.
- Actively participates in the Quality Management Program and participates selecting indicators for performance improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for CPR are not accepted).
- Current Certification as Hyperbaric Registered Nurse or certified within two (2) years of employment.
- Knowledgeable of reimbursement issues and the relationship to the billing process.
- Must have basic knowledge of insurance requirements and secondary payor authorization.
- 40 hr Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO) introductory course completed
- Knowledgeable regarding various accreditation and regulatory agencies. Such as FPA, UHMS, and JCAHO. Completes approved Safety Director Course within one year of employment.
- Demonstrates strong background in Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Demonstrates an extensive safety and mechanical knowledge of monoplace hyperbaric chambers.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/09/2021