HOURS: Full-time 1.0 FTE (80 hrs/2 weeks); day shift:, 8:30am – 5:00pm; occas. weekends and holidays
*Offering a sign-on bonus up to $5,000. This bonus is applicable to external applicants.
**Current opening will cover the Hershey area
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine Horizon Healthcare Services is currently seeking a RN Hospital Liaison. The RN Hospital Liaison performs initial assessment visit in the in-patient facility & develops plan of care in collaboration with physician and patient. Coordinates initial delivery of medications, services and supplies. Works in collaboration with account executive & sales/marketing team to educate/inform potential referral sources and develop new business.
Upon referral, meets with patient/family to educate about home infusion services and to perform initial assessment of home care needs, including medications, skilled services, and supplies. Evaluates and implements individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
Notifies referral source and other appropriate parties when patient does not meet admission criteria for home care and discusses possible alternatives.
Collaborates with physician and patient/caregiver to develop initial plan of care and obtain necessary physician’s order for needed medications, services and supplies. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the care planning process that includes developing realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals.
Completes all necessary admission documentation and coordinates start of service with appropriate intake and clinical staff at Horizon Healthcare and external agencies to facilitate the referral process.
Discusses funding sources with patient/family as appropriate. Serves as a liaison between patient/family and agencies to ensure effective communication and acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
Serves as HHS representative in communicating information related to HHS services, policies, billing, etc., to patients, families, other agencies, hospitals, physicians and members of the community.
Maintains existing and establishes new business by developing and maintaining professional relationships with physicians, nursing agencies, hospital staff and other referral sources and educating referral sources through formal and informal encounters.
Identifies trends in hospital-based referral patterns and participates in activities to accommodate such changes. Participates in the development of new programs and services and educates referral sources regarding those services.
Proactively works to improve communication between HHS and internal and external departments and agencies.
Maintains records of referral information as requested.
- Current valid PA RN license.
- Diploma from accredited school of registered nursing is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR/BLS certification required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in acute care nursing or home care nursing is required.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, with ability to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standard and to safely operate company-owned or personal vehicle in all weather conditions is required.
- Demonstrated excellent technical skills with the ability to clearly demonstrate and teach the use of equipment/supplies.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- BSN preferred.
- Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification preferred.
- IV Therapy certification is preferred.
- Home infusion experience is preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in IV therapy with at least one (1) year in the care and delivery of intravenous therapies to patients within the last two (2) consecutive years is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience in case coordination is preferred.
- Discharge planning experience is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare or medical sales/referral development preferred.