RN - Healthy Beginnings Plus Care Coordinator (Full-time, 0.9 FTE, day shift/some evenings)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7593 Healthy Beginnings Plus
Healthy Beginnings Plus Clinical Care
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: 0.9 FTE (36 HRS/WK), Primarily day shift, some evenings based on patient need. No weekends, holiday, or on call.
Bilingual/Spanish & English highly preferred
BSN preferred or commitment to begin BSN within 6 months of hire
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
POSITION SUMMARY: Assesses, plans and implements all aspects of the Healthy Beginnings Plus program to promote and facilitate healthy prenatal care. Orchestrates total patient care by scheduling and attending appointments with HBP patients and interacting with attending and resident staff and other healthcare providers involved in Healthy Beginnings Plus care. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiological, cognitive and social functions.
- Formulates a plan of care based on the patient assessment program guidelines and patient outcomes.
- Provides educational materials and instruction to patients regarding health and prenatal wellness issues (smoking cessation, diet therapy, etc.). Education provided through home visits or in the office or community setting.
- Provides counseling and social support to patients. Communicates with both healthcare providers and non-healthcare agencies/persons to obtain resources necessary to meet the needs of patients.
- Evaluates patient’s living conditions through home visits and takes necessary steps to establish healthy environment.
- Documents relevant patient care information and maintains detailed statistics regarding HBP patients.
- Completes or supervises the completion of all paperwork associated with the HBP program to ensure proper reimbursement is received.
- Evaluates effectiveness of HBP program and progress toward patient outcomes.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Monitors and updates HBP patient education library specific to patient needs. Develops and implements new educational media and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Two (2) years of previous nursing experience in Maternal/Child Health and two (2) years of social services agency interaction.
- Sound experience with or knowledge of public health systems.
- Current PA Driver's License.
- One (1) year of newborn nursery/OB and one (1) year of child development experience
- Two (2) years of ambulatory care
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/18/2021