RN - Endo Periop Services - Procedural RN (Full-Time 0.8/Day Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
4572 Surgical Services-Endoscopy
Endo Periop Services
*MAGNET-DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Posted on 01/06/2020
Position is located at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Fulltime 0.8 FTE (64 hours every 2 weeks); day shift; Mon-Fri; 7am-4pm; on-call 1 shift/week (4pm-7am); on-call every 6th weekend (Sat. 7am-Mon. 7am); on-call 1-2 holidays/year (24-hr shift).
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Penn Medicine LG Health is currently seeking a Procedural RN for Endo Perioperative Services. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred at time of hire. For Magnet designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is required within 3 years of RN hire date.
- Three (3) years of acute care nursing experience strongly preferred.
- CPR Certification required. ACLS preferred.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.