MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours: Full-Time 0.9 FTE (72hrs/2wks); night shift; 12-hr shifts; 7pm-7am; every 3rd WE; holiday rotation
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for this Cardiothoracic & Vascular Step-down Unit. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
5 East/West Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery Step-Down Unit provides an environment where our nurses are essential in the recovery and education of post-op cardiothoracic and vascular surgery patients. You will work alongside our distinguished doctors and surgeons who preform cutting edge procedures making our unit unique. We use the latest technology and protocols to provide the best care for patients postoperatively from procedures such as TAVR, Mitra Clip, Fempops, Amputations, Open-Heart Surgery, TCAR, VATS and Thoracotomies to name a few. Our unit works cohesively as a team to provide learning opportunities to the staff as the specialty changes with new procedures and process improvements. Become a part of our 5East/West family and provide amazing care for our step-down surgical population in order to promote successful and seamless recovery.
- Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.