RN BSN Lactation Consultant-Roseville Pediatrics (20 hours/week, 1st shift)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61230 Roseville Pediatric Specialists
Operations- Urgent Care & Pediatrics
20 hours/week. Monday-Friday 10 am to 2 pm. Some flexibility expected with hours, no holidays or weekends.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide new mothers with educational resources and guidance related to lactation. Providing on site lactation services minimizes delays in lactation consultation and allows for a streamlined baby-centric experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides lactation consultation to new mothers.
- Provides consultation to mothers using the Breast-feeding Help Line and home consultations.
- Provides educational support including material, to mothers for breast-feeding.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes.
- Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree.
- Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- CPR Certification.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal or state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 11/04/2019
- 2 years experience as a lactation consultant preferred.
- 2 years experience maternal/child health clinical experience preferred.