RN - Admissions Unit (Full-Time 1.0/Day & Evening Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
3515 3W Admissions/Transfer Unit
3W Admissions/Transfer Unit
**MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours: Full-time (1.0 FTE); 80hrs/2wks; day & evening shift; hours between 7:00AM-9:00PM; Mon-Fri; no weekends/no holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Admissions Unit. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
The primary mission of the Admissions Unit nursing staff is to provide safe, effective, and just-in-time nursing care to newly admitted and discharged inpatients. The primary focus of nursing care in the Admissions Unit is completing initial databases and initial patient assessments. The nurse will also implement and initiate the appropriate physician orders during the duration of the patient’s length of stay.
- Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- ·Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a Magnet designated RN position, BSN will be required within 3 years of RN hire date.
- CPR Certification required.
- 1 year of RN experience preferred
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 07/31/2019