**MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours: Full-time 0.9 FTE (72 hrs/2wks); day & evening shift; 8 & 12-hr shifts; hrs b/t 7am-11:30 pm; every 3rd WE; variable holiday rotation
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for 7 Frederick – Medical/Surgical Unit. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
7 Frederick is a 20 bed nursing unit with primarily Internal medicine patients. Patients are between the ages of 18 yrs. and older. Many of our patients are admitted with respiratory conditions, (flu, pneumonia, asthma, COPD), kidney conditions (acute renal failure, dialysis, peritoneal dialysis), GI (small bowel obstruction, nausea/vomiting, dehydration, gastroenteritis, Chrohn’s Disease, NG tubes, GI bleed), sepsis (+ blood cultures, urosepsis), diabetes, surgical (appey, choley, I&D of wounds, amputation of digits, hernia repair, bowel surgery, endoscopy/colonoscopy), electrolyte imbalances, and many other different conditions. We are a fast-paced unit with occupancy great than 90% most of the time. Our team recently moved to a brand new nursing unit in the Frederick tower and have many new innovative technologies at our disposal to use with the care of our patients. Hiring Manager style of leadership is: "Servant and I am very supportive of the teams educational endeavors, nursing autonomy, shared governance and participation, certification and clinical ladder."
- Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a Magnet designated RN position, BSN will be required within 3 yrs of RN hire date.
- CPR Certification required.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.