Quality and Compliance Coordinator-Pharmacy
Lancaster General Hospital
7570 Pharmacy & IV Solutions
Pharmacy & IV Solutions- Administration
Job Title: Quality and Compliance Coordinator-Pharmacy
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 80 hours per two weeks working Monday through Friday days no weekend, holiday or on call
Coordinates quality, compliance, and regulatory activity for the pharmacy services line. Maintains expertise level understanding of regulations and rules that govern pharmacy practice and serve as the department resource for understanding, implementing, and complying with those regulations. Executes the department's Quality Assurance program(s).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Reviews and interprets regulatory and compliance standards of medication management and pharmacy practice (The Joint Commission, PA State Board of Pharmacy, United States Pharamacopia, and industry best practices) and ensures the pharmacy service line is compliant.
- Educates the pharmacy department staff on regulatory issues in pharmacy practice and medication management.
- Maintains pharmacy policies and procedures in line with requirements and practices of the department.
- Plans and manages the pharmacy department's quality assurance plan in line with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Supports pharmacy supervisors in interpreting and implementing USP standards around compounding, packaging and hazardous medications.
- Serves as an organizational resource for understanding medication management standards.
- Supports the Medication Safety Officer in reviewing medication events.
- Ensures all record keeping for operations and personnel are completed and in line with applicable standards.
- Assists supervisors in auditing that staff are performing the essential functions of patient care.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy, or Bachelors of Science degree relating to compliance/quality assurance/process improvement, with three (3) years of general hospital experience; OR National pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) with five (5) years experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Familiarity with pharmacy practice regulations.
- Hospital pharmacy practice.
- Participation in Joint Commission or Department of Health surveys.
This position requires a license or certification
Posted on 10/16/2019