Pulmonary Function Technologist
Lancaster General Hospital
Pulmonary - Laboratory
Posted on 07/31/2019
- Job Title: Pulmonary Function Tech
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Part-time, 0.4, 32 hours per two weeks hours between 7:45 am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday with rotational on call every 6-7th weekend and one holiday per year, will work at DTP or SOP location.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist. For the Lancaster General Hospital location. The Respiratory Therapist administers respiratory care services in accordance with department policies and procedures, providing input to the clinical evaluation and technical aspects of administered care.
1. Administers physician-prescribed treatment/testing to patients in all clinical areas according to physician order and/or department policy and procedure. Administered services include, but are not limited to, therapeutic gases, aerosol and humidity therapy, positive pressure breathing treatment (IPPB/CPAP), deep breathing exercises, airway care, including tracheobronchial aspiration and other procedures, and postural drainage and percussion/vibration to aid in secretion removal.
2. Performs physician-ordered arterial blood sample collection and performs subsequent analysis on an arterial blood gas analyzer for oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, and oxygen saturation levels.
3. Establishes, monitors, and adjusts ventilator management of the critically ill patient requiring mechanical ventilation, under the direction of a physician and/or established physician protocol.
4. Provide complete and accurate documentation according to department policies for performed services.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
Certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (or hold a temporary permit) by the PA State Board of Medicine.
Graduate AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Program. Individual must be registered or registry eligible.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
One (1) year of neonatal intensive care experience.
One (1) year of arterial gas punctures.
One (1) year of ventilator management.
Registry through NBRC - one (1) year.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.