Pulmonary Equipment Aide 0.1 days
Respiratory Care & Pulmonary Diagnostic Services
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 8 hours per two weeks working 7:00am-3:30 pm with every other weekend and holiday. Located at Lancaster General Hospital.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Cleans and processes equipment in preparation for ETO sterilization. Responsible for the inventory control and distribution of supplies and medical gases. Performs preventive maintenance and quality assurance procedures on respiratory therapy equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans and processes used and contaminated respiratory therapy equipment. Prepares cleaned and dried equipment for ETO sterilization. Redistributes sterilized equipment to appropriate department storage areas.
- Performs oxygen rounds, on a daily basis, in order to check and replace equipment, record 02 usage, check and record temperature of heated aerosols, verify 02 therapy orders.
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and equipment in the department and critical care storage areas. Also, maintains and replaces stock oxygen therapy equipment on the Medical/Surgical floors.
- Performs preventive maintenance and quality assurance activities on equipment.
- Performs daily checking of liquid oxygen system and medical gas bank levels. Responsible for the ordering and changing of gas cylinders for the banks as well as other cylinder gases.
- Provides documentation according to department policies for QA/PM activities and oxygen therapy records.
- Confers with respiratory equipment specialist regarding technical assistance and guidance on performance of QA/PM activities.
- Provides orientation of the equipment section to new employees, respiratory therapy students, and student nurses.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Posted on 04/25/2019
- One to two years experience in health care setting.
- At least six months of RT training.