Pulmonary Equipment Aide
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Pulmonary - Clinical
Job Title: Pulmonary Equipment Aide
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Casual, 0.1, 8 hour per two weeks working varied shift day,evenings or night with primary responsibilities on weekends and one summer/1 winter holiday . Located at Lancaster General Hospital
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Cleans and processes equipment in preparation for ETO sterilization. Responsible for the inventory control and distribution of supplies and medical gases. Performs preventive maintenance and quality assurance procedures on respiratory therapy equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans and processes used and contaminated respiratory therapy equipment. Prepares cleaned and dried equipment for ETO sterilization. Redistributes sterilized equipment to appropriate department storage areas.
- Performs oxygen rounds, on a daily basis, in order to check and replace equipment, record 02 usage, check and record temperature of heated aerosols, verify 02 therapy orders.
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and equipment in the department and critical care storage areas. Also, maintains and replaces stock oxygen therapy equipment on the Medical/Surgical floors.
- Performs preventive maintenance and quality assurance activities on equipment.
- Performs daily checking of liquid oxygen system and medical gas bank levels. Responsible for the ordering and changing of gas cylinders for the banks as well as other cylinder gases.
- Provides documentation according to department policies for QA/PM activities and oxygen therapy records.
- Confers with respiratory equipment specialist regarding technical assistance and guidance on performance of QA/PM activities.
- Provides orientation of the equipment section to new employees, respiratory therapy students, and student nurses.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One to two years experience in health care setting.
- At least six months of RT training.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/17/2020